Tuesday 1 October 2013

5 things I have learnt from people in my life



We all learn from the people around us. We can study moral education in school but life teaches us her lessons one by one. If you admire someone you try to become like them; talk like them, dess up like them, behave like them which gives you a lot to learn.

I also learnt many things and keep learning from people around me. Because Bachhan Sahab says: “Seekhna band to jeetna band”

This one phrase has lot to learn about life. If you don’t learn you can’t win. Win against any competitor or sometimes against life. For this you need to be open to any challenge . You should not resist any new thing happening but happily welcome it in your life.

If I talk about the things I learnt from the people in my life, list will be very long. But some of them which I remember right now, are:

  1. Patience: Not to hurry to get anything and having patience is the first thing I have learnt. I have lost many things because of this but  I get them eventually with time. Shouting hard to get something or snatching something because you want it, is not in my behaviour. I will get what I deserve when time comes is my belief.
  2. Trust: I have two version of trust. First is when I learnt not to trust anyone, because no one in this world is with you. Everyone wants their own good. They won’t consider your need, your pain or your requirement. No one in this world is worth trusting. Second: when I learnt trusting people again. There are some, who care for you, trust you for no benefit. They want to see you smile and happy without expecting anything from you. Hence I am in a situation where I have learnt whom to trust and whom not. And 80-90 % I am correct.
  3. Happiness: Something we usually ignore is our own happiness. And I would not say I am perfect in this but I am still trying to learn to be happy in any circumstance. I wont say I have faced so many problems in my life but yes I always challenge myself to come out of my comfort zone to live my life. I never blame others for anything happening with me. I know where I was wrong and where I could have done better. I have learnt to be happy the way I live. I have learnt to smile even when I am troubled, which gives me strength to overcome that problem. I have learnt not to be sad for more time. Happiness has no alternative. And living with L on your face will not help you to solve your issues. Better smile on problems and defeat them.
  4. Passion for what you do: I joined my first job at the age of 21, when I didn’t know why I have joined this job, what am I doing here and what actually I want to do, we have a Senior in our office who was of 70 years old. He was in company just to teach us about our subject. He used to come in the morning, take our classroom training sssions and leaves at the time of lunch. His commitement to work at that age when he could simply sit in his big house( which is indeed very big) and enjoy his days after getting retired at officers rank from Indian Railway. But he decided to share his knowledege and experience with freshers like us. We used to call him Guruji. And I have learnt this commitment and passion for my work from Guruji. This is why my Mondays are not blues in colour, sometimes dull but are usually rainbow colour. J
  5. Writing: One fine day I came across a person over a social networking site who was a professional writer from last 5-6. I love reading since childhood and I was fascinated when he sent his blog and facebook page links to me. I read him and discussed many stories and poetry with him. I don’t know how but I started to feel like writing after I read him. This doesn’t mean I din’t write before that. I used to write. But never get pleasure of writing before that. I am very thankful to him for sharing his work with me. And wish him for his future endevours. May you inspire many more people and keep moving ahead in your career.
A big philosopher said : "Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from."

2 comments:

  1. We learn, we understand, we grow :)

    That is life :)

    Cheers to learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly.. Seekhna band toh jeetna band :D

    ReplyDelete