Monday 27 January 2014

I danced like no one watching -Part 1

When I came to Mumbai in Aug 2013, mee, my sister and my bhabs decided to join dance classes. Dance which is stress buster for some while alternative of exercise for some. But for mee its my love. And within 15 days we were in first session with VKDC. Warm up started and in next 15 mins we were so exhausted that I felt that I can't continue. The enthusiasm was overtaken by tiredness but determination said we can do it. Days, Weeks and months passed by.

In November our choreographer announced the annual day function in January and we all were super excited to perform on stage.

Preparations started. Sometimes our friends and group members don't come up for practice and sometimes sir doesn't come to class. We were nervous but we didn't give up and continued our practices.

And finally the day arrived. We all gathered at "Navin Bhai Thakkar Auditorium, Vile Parle"


Excited!! as you can see in the pic :D 

We rehearsed our steps on both the songs, discussed not to be nervous and to give our best.. 
Then it was time to get into our costumes and do make-up for our performance.
Our first performance was on SAWAR LOON/ RAABTA, a contemporary dance style.


Everyone was looking so good in this costume that excitement increased exponentially. 
(My sister and Mee are first and second from left)

Then it was time to hit the stage.. We wished all the best to everyone and took our positions..

I am posting a link to our performance here and will wait for your comments..

Enjoy!! Hope you will like it. 
As I danced like no one watching. :)

And wait for next blog post of next performance..

2 comments:

  1. Great Performance dear, just a small point smile more next time when on stage thats all. Cant wait for the next performance. Following your dreams is the most important part. And Kudos to you :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amit.. Will keep your point in mind.. :)

      Delete